Sunday, November 27, 2011

Buttermilk Pecan Pie

I remember eating a buttermilk pecan pie and loving it. I found this recipe before Thanksgiving and thought we'd give it a try. Next time, I'll use a mixture with brown sugar. I baked it on top of a gluten free pie crust. I have amended the recipe below as I made it (more pecans and tapioca for flour)

  • 1/2 cup butter
  • 2 cups sugar
  • 2 teaspoons vanilla
  • 3 eggs
  • 1 1/2 tablespoons tapioca
  • 1/4 teaspoon salt
  • 1 cup buttermilk
  • 1 cup chopped pecans
  • 1 9" unbaked pie  shell 

Directions:

  1. Preheat oven to 300 degrees.
  2. Cream butter and sugar, adding 1/2 cup sugar at a time.
  3. Blend in vanilla. Stir in eggs one at a time. Combine flour and salt; add a small amount at a time.
  4. Stir in buttermilk.
  5. Sprinkle pecans in bottom of pie crust, pour custard over the pecans, and bake 1 hour and 30 minutes.
  6. Best served at room temperature.
**Careful not to overbake this pie- it will get too dry. Yummy!

No comments:

Post a Comment