|1 lb. baby carrots preferably organic, scrubbed and left whole, tops removed |
1/2 tsp cumin seeds, crushed
1 handful fresh thyme, leaves
4 tbsp butter
freshly ground black pepper
5 oz chardonnay wine
1. Preheat the oven to 425 degrees F.
2. Tear off around 5 feet of kitchen foil and fold it in half to give you double thickness of foil, about 2 and a half feet wide.
3. Place everything but the wine and seasoning in the middle of the foil.
4. Bring up the sides and pour in the white wine.
5. Season well.
6. Fold or scrunch the foil together to seal.
7. Cook in the preheated oven for 45 minutes until the carrots are tender.
8. You may need to cook it for longer if the carrots are bigger than baby ones.
##Not a big hit for leftovers.
Monday, April 4, 2011
Baked carrots with cumin, thyme, butter and chardonnay
This recipe comes from Jamie Oliver's Return of the Naked Chef. It seemed like a perfect recipe for the carrots we are receiving this week. Plus I have a nice mound of thyme that made it through the winter!