Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Caesar Salad with grilled chicken

Got the dressing recipe from the smitten kitchen blog. I've copied it directly below.


Caesar Salad Dressing
Because I created this for me, me, me, my Caesar salad dressing is raw egg and anchovy optional, and I swear you won’t miss them. But if this offends the Caesar purist in you, I’ve given options for both. Now can’t we all get along?

2 tablespoons mayonnaise – or – 1 egg
1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
1/2 teaspoon Dijon mustard
1 small garlic clove, minced
1/2 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce, plus a drop or two more, to taste
1 oil-packed anchovy fillet, finely chopped (optional)
1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil

Whisk all except last together. Gradually whisk in 1/4 cup olive oil. Season with salt and pepper. (Dressing can be made 1 day ahead. Cover and refrigerate. Bring to room temperature and rewhisk before using.)

**I used romaine lettuce, shaved the parmesan cheese, marinated the chicken in Newman's organic Tuscan Italian salad dressing before grilling, and topped the salad with the last of the kalamata olives from the previous night's pizza. We used the egg instead of mayo in the dressing. I would add one more anchovy next time to better balance the garlic.

No comments:

Post a Comment