I have amended the one below to how I made it.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 chicken andouille sausages, sliced into 1/4" rounds
- 1/2 onion, chopped
- 1/4 teaspoon saffron threads
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 2 small sweet potatoes, peeled and cut into 1/2" cubes
- 1/4 cup milk (I didn't do this, but next time I will)
- 1 pounds halibut or cod, boned and skinned, cut into 1" chunks
- 1 green onion (OPT)
Preparation1. Pour olive oil into a 4- to 6-quart pan over medium-high heat; add andouille sausages and stir often until beginning to brown. Add onion and stir often until limp. Add saffron threads, chicken broth, and sweet potato. Bring to a boil, then reduce heat and simmer until sweet potato is barely tender when pierced, about 5 minutes. Stir in milk and salt and pepper to taste.
2. Lay fish chunks on top of soup, cover, and cook until it is opaque but still moist-looking in the center (cut a piece to check), about 10 minutes. Gently stir soup. Ladle into bowls and garnish with thinly sliced green onion.