Friday, December 16, 2011

Halibut and Sweet Potato Chowder

I saw this recipe on one of my notebooks as I was perusing fish recipes. It sounded like a nice one to try. You can find the exact recipe on my recipes.com.
I have amended the one below to how I made it.


  • 1 tablespoon olive oil
  • 2 chicken andouille sausages, sliced into 1/4" rounds
  • 1/2 onion, chopped 
  • 1/4 teaspoon saffron threads 
  • 2 cups chicken broth
  • 2 small sweet potatoes, peeled and cut into 1/2" cubes
  • 1/4 cup milk (I didn't do this, but next time I will)
  • salt
  • pepper
  • 1 pounds halibut or cod, boned and skinned, cut into 1" chunks
  • 1 green onion (OPT)

Preparation

1. Pour olive oil into a 4- to 6-quart pan over medium-high heat; add andouille sausages and stir often until beginning to brown. Add onion and stir often until limp. Add saffron threads, chicken broth, and sweet potato. Bring to a boil, then reduce heat and simmer until sweet potato is barely tender when pierced, about 5 minutes. Stir in milk and salt and pepper to taste.
2. Lay fish chunks on top of soup, cover, and cook until it is opaque but still moist-looking in the center (cut a piece to check), about 10 minutes. Gently stir soup. Ladle into bowls and garnish with thinly sliced green onion.
 **Very nice! Easy to make.

No comments:

Post a Comment