Thursday, March 10, 2011

Stir-fry Hoisin Sauce

Just as quiche is a staple at my house, filled with various ingredients, so do I consider stir-frys. The ingredients change with the seasons. Last night I started with big pieces of onion, then added diced carrots, sliced cabbage, leftover brown rice, and finished with tot soi.

I simmered the whole stir-fry in a hoisin based sauce and served it with peanuts on top.

 Hoisin Sauce

3 T hoisin sauce
2/3 C water
3 T rice vinegar
3 T tamari (wheat-free soy sauce)
1 T cornstarch

Mix the ingredients together and let it simmer for 3-4 minutes till it thickens.

This sauce comes from the Broccoli-Tofu Stir-Fry recipe from Moosewood Restaurant Cooks at Home. If you want a great vegetarian cookbook, this is one of them. Fast, easy recipes with everyday ingredients.

**Hoisin is a sweet sauce- so be prepared. It was a bit sweet for me, but my husband loved it.

No comments:

Post a Comment