1/2 cup salad oil 1 egg 2 tsp vanilla extract 1 cup buttermilk 2 cups finely diced rhubarb 1/2 cups pecan pieces 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
1 1/2 cups brown sugar1 tsp baking powder 1 tsp baking soda 1 tsp salt
1 t cinnamon Topping: 1/3 cup sugar 1 1/2 tsp cinnamon 1 tbsp melted margarine
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Grease 12 jumbo-sized muffin cups.
- Combine the liquid ingredients in large bowl: oil, egg, vanilla, buttermilk. Beat until well mixed.
- In another bowl, mix together flour, brown sugar, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon, pecans and salt. Add this mixture all at once to liquid mixture and stir until all ingredients are moistened. Do not over mix. Add the rhubarb.
- Fill prepared muffin pan 3/4 full with batter. NO more than this!
- Combine topping ingredients and sprinkle on top of batter in each muffin cup.
- Bake in preheated oven on center shelf 15 to 20 minutes.