Friday, July 8, 2011

Southwest Salad with Black Beans and Corn

This is a delicious salad that I make everytime it is fresh corn season. Although the recipe calls for cooked corn, I always use raw. You can also substitute canned black beans.

Adapted from Mollie Katzen's Still Life with Menu. You can get the complete recipe online from the A Life Divided blog. Although I often cook my own beans, I've show this adaption with canned black beans.

2 cans black beans 
2 cups raw corn (about 2 largish ears worth- make sure it is organic!)
2 medium-sized cloves garlic, finely minced
1/2 cup well-minced red onion 
1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil 
1/4 cup fresh lime juice 
1 teaspoon cumin
1/2 cup minced fresh parsley

In a large bowl, combine beans, corn, minced garlic, red onion, cumin, olive oil, and lime juice. Salt and pepper to taste. 



**Delicious. We ate it with tortilla chips.

No comments:

Post a Comment