Friday, August 19, 2011

Crock pot BBQ pinto beans

I often make pinto beans overnight in the crockpot using a pinto bean seasoning. However, I thought I'd try this recipe. I'll be adding green chiles and left over smoked brisket at the end. I added some sambal oelek (chile paste)- I've shown the recipe as I made it. I bought the beans from the farmer's market during last season.

1 lb dried pinto beans
3 C water
1 onion, chopped
18 oz bottle bbq sauce
1/4 C molasses
1 t sambal oelek (chile paste)

Sort beans, rinse, and drain. Combine all ingredients in crockpot. Cover and cook on low 8-9 hours or until beans are tender.

**Well, I finally gave up. The beans never got soft, however the sauce was good. I think I'll make this again but I'll soak the beans overnight first.

No comments:

Post a Comment