- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/3 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 1/4 pound eggplant, cut into 3/4-inch-thick rounds
- 1 pound store-bought pizza dough at room temperature
- 5 ounces sliced provolone, cut into short thin matchsticks (1 1/4 cups)
- 18 pitted green olives, coarsely chopped
- 1/4 cup chopped flat-leaf parsley
Wednesday, August 3, 2011
Eggplant, Green Olive and Provolone Pizza
I saw this on another blogger's site called The Noshery.
Stretch dough into about a 12- by 10-inch rectangle on a large baking sheet and lightly brush with garlic oil. Bake in the oven at 375 degrees for 8 to 10 minutes, until underside begins to get golden-brown. Brush top with more garlic oil, scatter cheese , eggplant and olives over crust. Slide pizza from sheet onto oven rack and bake for 15 minutes, until done and cheese has melted.
Here the eggplant has been brushed with olive oil into which I put a teaspoon of garlic oil. I bought the garlic oil at the Santa Fe Farmer's market.
The finished pizza. Delicious! We forgot to add the parsley. We used a jar of Spanish green olives that I bought from Cost Plus World Market. I made the pizza dough with spelt flour.