Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Kale Salad

I ate this salad at a friend's place and then asked for the recipe. Here is how he said to make it:

Remove the stalks (discard) and chop the leaves  very thin, make a dressing (I usually use lemon, salt pepper and olive oil, but you can use vinegar instead of lemon). Toss the dressing with the salad. I usually make it several hours before eating it so that the kale tenderizes. Toast some pine nuts and make some bacon bits and toss them with the kale at the end before you eat it. Be as creative as you want to be.

1 bunch of curly kale, stems removed, chopped fine
2 T lemon juice
1 T olive oil
3 slices bacon, fried crisp, then crumbled

Mix together and let sit a bit.

**This salad is bright green. My dressing is very tangy, which suited me fine. I think the addition of the pine nuts make it better, although I ate the whole container for lunch.

No comments:

Post a Comment