Monday, January 17, 2011

Baked Porkchops with Apples

I got some pork chops from the warehouse (before the new exciting delivery change!) I wanted to try baking them to keep them moist. This recipe came courtesy of a user named ladypit on food.com There were quite a few comments about baking them less- I'll be doing that and using a thermometer to make sure they are done.

Serves 6

6 pork chops
2 T butter
4 apples
1/4 C brown sugar
1/2 t cinnamon
  1. Peel, core, and slice the apples.
  2. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
  3. Melt the butter in a skillet.
  4. Brown the pork chops on both sides in the butter.
  5. Grease (or spray) a large baking dish.
  6. Put the apple slices in the bottom of the dish.
  7. Mix the brown sugar and cinnamon.
  8. Sprinkle the cinnamon and sugar over the apples.
  9. Place the pork chops on top of the apples.
  10. Cover with foil and bake for 1 and 1/2 hours.
 
** I cooked 4 pork chops with 2 1/2 apples for 30 minutes and it was done. This is a nice dish and very easy to make. Next time I will trim the fat before I cook it.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment