Monday, January 31, 2011

Chocolate Self-Saucing Pudding

This comes from the Edmonds Cookery Book. I found the recipe on an online forum here although it is full of typos which drives me crazy. When I made this last, I wrote that it was "very rich and yum" and easy to make.

Serves 6

100 g butter, softened (3.5 oz)
3/4 C sugar
1 egg
1 t vanilla
1 1/4 C flour
2 t baking powder
1 T cocoa
2 C boiling water

Sauce:
1/2 C brown sugar
1 T cornflour
1/4 C cocoa

Beat butter, sugar, egg and vanilla together. Sift flour, baking powder and cocoa together. Fold into beaten mixture. Spoon mixture into a greased 6-8 cup capacity ovenproof dish. Sprinkle sauce mixture over. Carefully pour boiling water over the back of a spoon onto the pudding. Bake at 350 for 35 minutes or until pudding springs back when slightly touched.

Sauce- combine all ingredients.
 **I made some whipped cream to serve with it. My, it was good! Very easy to make and delicious.

No comments:

Post a Comment