Thursday, January 13, 2011

Lamb Pasties/Meat Pies

Tonight we're having the leftover lamb, transformed into little meat pies. Here is the recipe for Lamb Pasties.

Makes 4

8 oz (225)g rich shortcrust pastry
6-8 oz (175-225g) lean cooked lamb, diced or coarsely minced
2 t chopped fresh mint
1 T grated onion
salt and pepper
2 oz (50g) peas, cooked
2-3 T cream
beaten egg to glaze

Preheat the oven to 425.
Roll out the dough and cut into four 7 inch rounds.
Mix together all the remaining ingredients except the beaten egg and divide between the dough rounds.
Dampen the edges, bring them together and press firmly to seal. Crimp.
Place on a greased baking sheet and brush with beaten egg.
Bake in preheated oven for about 25 minutes or until golden brown.

**I made my own pastry with spelt flour. I used defrosted frozen peas.
This was tasty enough- still a bit lamby for my kids. It was easy to make and an OK way to use up the lamb. I put chutney on mine-  mint would have been nice. Ketchup got added to another one. I think it could have used more mint and onion.

No comments:

Post a Comment