Thursday, January 20, 2011

Quiche

Quiche is a standby meal at my house like pasta is in others'. It is a great way to pack in the veges. I use a spelt pie crust that I buy at Whole Foods to save me time. This quiche had onions, garlic, tomatoes, spinach, and broccoli. I used pepper jack for the cheese and sprinkled parmesan on top. I found some toasted pine nuts I had chopped from the acorn squash dish and put them on the top. It was delicious!

 Prepping the veges.


**The final product. Delicious!

2 comments:

  1. Looks and sounds yummy...how's it made?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for asking Lisa! I usually buy a ready-made spelt crust. In it, I put an assortment of lightly sauteed vegetables. This time I added onions, garlic, green chili, halved cherry tomatoes, spinach, and some left-over broccoli. Then I grate some cheese on top of the veges.(I used pepper jack.) After that I beat several eggs- anywhere from two to four- with some milk and pour it on top to the edge of the crust. This quiche, I then sprinkled on some parmesan cheese and some chopped toasted pine nuts. I cook it around 365-375 for 40-45 minutes. Watch it puff and get golden at the end. It will be ready then!

    ReplyDelete