Monday, February 14, 2011

Chipotle Pork Tamale Casserole

This is the second half of the adobo pork recipe from the Ultimate Slow Cooker cook book.

Prep: 15 minutes (if using pre-made polenta)
Bake: 35 minutes
Serves 4

1 16 oz tube refrigerated cooked polenta, sliced 1/2" thick (or make your own)
Reserved pork and sauce from Adobo Pork (3C of pork and 2C sauce)
1 C shredded cheese
1/2 C chopped tomato (1 medium)
1/4 C sliced green onion (2)

Preheat oven to 375.

In a 2 qt square baking dish, arrange polenta slices, overlapping as necessary. Top with the reserved pork. Remove layer of fat from sauce. Spoon most of the sauce* over the pork. Bake covered for 30 minutes. Top with cheese. Bake uncovered about 5 minutes or more till cheese is melted. Sprinkle tomato and green onion over casserole.

*The recipe says use 1/2 C of the sauce, then serve the rest of the sauce with the meal. I found it was too dry that way, so I add all of the sauce and don't pass it.

Per serve: 488 cal, 21g fat, 143 mg chol, 1215 sodium, 27 g carbo, 4 g fiber, 44 g protein.

**I made the polenta instead of buying it. It was not as delicious as I remember. My husband liked it, though. I've included a picture before I added shredded lettuce.

No comments:

Post a Comment