Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Spicy Grilled Tempeh

I got this recipe from Whole Foods. I am on the search for a good marinated tempeh recipe, so I am excited to try this one.

Serves 2

3 T lime juice
2 T EV olive oil
2 T tamari (soy sauce made without wheat)
1 T chili powder
2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
1 1/2 t dried oregano
1/4 t ground cloves
1 T adobo or salsa
1 8oz pkg tempeh

Whisk together lime juice, oil, tamari, chili powder, garlic, oregano, cloves and adobo in a wide shallow dish. Arrange tempeh in dish, turn to coat all over with marinade, cover and chill, turning halfway through, for 2 hours or overnight.

Great grates with oil, then preheat grill to medium heat. Grill tempeh, flipping once, until browned and hot throughout, 8-10 minutes total.  Transfer to plates and serve.

**I'll use an indoor grill plate. I will also steam the tempeh before I marinate it. I bought two packages of tempeh, so I'll double the recipe.

This was the tempeh marinating. I enjoyed the dish. But you need to like tempeh to like this.

No comments:

Post a Comment