Thursday, February 17, 2011

Hamburgers

Wednesday was such a beautiful and warm day, that I had to grill burgers. My burger recipe comes from an Australian cookbook called The backyard barbecue cookbook published by Murdoch Books. Try as I may, I couldn't find the recipe on line. It appears the book is out of print, but you can still buy it. It is a great cookbook. My sister, who doesn't like hamburgers, loves these. She says they are like grilled meatloaf. It is a recipe that is easy to adapt to the amount of meat you choose to use. Last night I used 1 lb organic ground beef and made 5 patties.

740 g lean beef mince (1.6 lbs hamburger)
1 onion, finely chopped
1 egg
1/2 C fresh breadcrumbs
2 T tomato paste
1 T Worcestershire sauce
2 T chopped fresh parsley
Salt and pepper to taste

Prepare and heat the barbecue.
Combine everything till well combined. Make patties and grill!

Of course, for the Australians, they would also grill some onions and fry up some bacon and an egg to put on the burger. After putting that on the burger, they would top it with a pineapple ring and a large slice of pickled beet. Burger with the Works, mate.

No comments:

Post a Comment